American Mosaic Floor Center
Serving Milford & Stratford, CT
American Mosaic Floor Center of Milford is the
premiere destination for all your flooring needs. Whether you're looking for carpet, hardwood flooring, vinyl flooring, laminate, porcelain or ceramic tile, American Mosaic will give you the right price without the gimmicks. Tired of poor quality and lack of service at the big chain stores? American Mosaic has been family-owned and operated for over 50 years. Our service is unmatched, whether you are doing it yourself or we're installing it for you! We provide hardwood flooring installation, tile flooring installation, bathroom vanity installation and more for clients across the Milford & Stratford, CT area.
Please call us or visit our store today to learn more about our products and services.
Quality Tile Flooring for Your Home
Tile is one of the most popular types of flooring out there. It comes in many different materials, such as porcelain, ceramic, and linoleum - this variety gives you abundant options when it comes time to choose the tile flooring for your home. Tile is durable and attractive, making it the perfect flooring choice for high-traffic rooms that see a lot of moisture, like bathrooms, kitchens and entryways. Tile even works on walls as a backsplash in your kitchen or around your bathroom vanity! If you are interested in learning more about what type of tile will work best in your home, don't hesitate to visit our showroom. Our professionals will help you browse our selection and select a tile that's perfect for your needs. Visit us today to get started on your project!
Benefits of Choosing Hardwood Flooring for Your Home
Low maintenance - Hardwood flooring is easy to clean, which makes it very low maintenance. Unlike carpet, if you spill something you can easily wipe it up. You can also use a swiffer or broom, instead of having to drag out the vacuum.
Durable & Long-lasting - Choosing to install hardwood flooring will give you strong and long lasting floors. Carpets can get stained or just start looking rough after months of lots of traffic, but that is not the case with hardwood.
Better air quality - The amount of dust that is able to set and stay is minimized by having hardwood flooring in your home. Carpet holds smells and dust much more than hardwood, which is why they say anyone with bad allergies should switch their flooring from carpet to hardwood.
How to Choose Tile for Your Bathroom Vanity
Tile is one of the best materials for a bathroom vanity due to its durability, versatility, and longevity. Available in a staggering amount of sizes, colors, and materials, you can choose any tile you need; however, there are some good rules of thumb you should remember when making your choice.
The good news is that you are not limited by tile type when choosing a bathroom vanity backsplash. Since your backsplash will be on the wall, you don't have to worry about slipping on wet tiles. Glass, ceramic, porcelain, or even natural stone will look great in the right space. We recommend choosing a tile in a smaller size, as those tend to look more decorative and are easier to replace if they become cracked. Choosing your color will depend on the room in question. Lighter colors make smaller bathrooms look and feel bigger, while darker and more saturated hues look elegant in a larger space. Accent smaller surfaces with surprise pops of color for a unique look, or choose a vibrant mosaic pattern to create a stunning visual effect. No matter what you choose, our professionals will be there to help.
Signs that you should Replace your Floors
With the proper care and maintenance, most flooring should last for decades. However, nothing lasts forever. Even with the best care, many floors will need to be replaced eventually. Storm damage and poor maintenance can also cause floors to decay before their time. Knowing the signs of a floor that is damaged beyond repair will help you know when it's time for replacement. Keep an eye out for the following:
- Cracking: Significant cracks almost always lead to more significant problems if left untreated. They are the perfect breeding grounds for pests and usually lead to more cracks as time passes.
- Water Damage: Water can ruin all types of flooring if it reaches the subflooring or is exposed to the floor for a prolonged period of time. Excessive moisture creates warping, rotting, and creates a potential safe haven for pests.
- Expired Carpet: Your carpet's lifespan depends on its quality and how it's treated. Vacuum regularly, schedule periodic steam cleanings, and clean any noticeable stains immediately to prolong your carpet's life as much as possible.
- Pet Damage: It's easy to sense the signs of irreversible pet damage. Stains and odors that will not go away - even after thorough cleaning - are here to stay and will require replacement.
- Badly Stained Grout: If heavy scrubbing still won't get rid of grout stains in your bathroom floor, it's time to consider replacement. Those stains are usually mildew, which is unhealthy as well as unsightly. Replacing your floor will improve your health along with property value.
- Peeling Linoleum: Because linoleum is so inexpensive to replace, it's not worth trying to repair if you're noticing significant peeling.
- Mold: If your floor has a mold infestation, it needs to be replaced. If left untreated, mold is dangerous and will cause major health issues for you and for your family.
American Mosaic Floor Center can help you determine whether you need floor replacement. Don’t hesitate to call us for hardwood flooring, tile flooring and more.